SUBSCRIBE for new videos every WEEK! http://bit.ly/1XKeAIi
CHECK OUT OUR NEW VLOG SERIES: http://bit.ly/2oMZjhp
Today I’m doing a HUGE Costco Grocery Haul! Costco is basically mine and Matt’s favourite grocery store to get almost all of our healthy and organic foods in bulk at a discounted price. If you’re trying to eat healthy on a budget definitely check out Costco for your groceries.
FAVOURITE ONLINE HEALTH FOOD STORES:
Vitacost: Get off your purchase when you use my link: http://goo.gl/37qOLl Canadians get FREE SHIPPING when you spend over 0.
Well.ca: https://well.ca/ Use my coupon code HEALTHNUT10 for OFF your purchase.
CANON 60D: http://amzn.to/2hhCort
50 mm LENS: http://amzn.to/2hbG2CS
Canon G7X vlogging camera: http://amzn.to/2mPzQV1
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Protein and amino acid requirements in human nutrition – World Health Organization Report http://www.who.int/nutrition/publications/nutrientrequirements/WHO_TRS_935/en/
There’s been a decent amount of research on high protein intakes and so far what we can say is that: In the context that you have healthy kidneys, liver and heart there’s no negative health effects from a higher protein intake in your diet.
Moreover, high protein diets don’t cause damage to kidneys, liver or heart in healthy individuals.
Latest research from Jose Antonio and his team has shown that over a year long period even going up to 3.3 grams per kg in daily protein intake is completely fine.
It’s great to have such a long study looking at active individuals and athletes as these are the populations that will most likely aim for a higher protein intake.
Sadly, there’s still a lot of myths out there and a lot of sources claiming that high protein diets are harmful for health. Individuals claiming that high protein diets are harmful for health often quote observational research and fall into the trap of a confirmation bias through weak correlations present in this research.
Claims that high protein diets cause damaging health effects are not supported by the current body of evidence looking at the randomized controlled trials we have available.
If you’re someone who has health issues related to kidneys and impaired renal function it’s a good idea to consult with a registered dietitian about your protein intake.
However, in the context that you’re a healthy individual following a healthy diet plan there’s no evidence suggesting that you should worry about increasing your protein intake.
As a general recommendation, anywhere in the range of 2-3 grams per kg of Fat Free Mass or about 1 – 1.2 grams per lbs of FFM in protein per day is a good target to aim at if you’re interested in maximizing muscle growth and lean muscle retention.
If you’re looking to get getting shredded one of the best sources for protein intake is the review by Eric Helms over at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24092765
Final note: If your goal is to build muscle it’s a good idea to base the majority of your protein intake on high quality sources rich in the amino acid leucine.
A good target to aim at is a minimum of 25-30 grams of high quality protein per serving which would yield about 2-3 grams of leucine.
For those on a plant-based diet a great source of leucine is powdered pea protein.
As always, post your questions in the comments below.
Talk soon, Mario
Online Coaching: http://shockingfit.com/coaching/
Free Workout Plans:
Home & Travel ➤ http://shockingfit.com/full-body-no-equipment-routine
For more fitness, nutrition, and personal development tips check out:
Celery Benefits: These are *All the Real Proven Benefits of Celery You Actually Need to Know Right Now Today…
1. 0:14 Celery Nutrition: Eating healthier isn’t just about making your doctor happy. Having good nutrition will improve not only your health, but also your energy levels, your mood, and even your appearance. Read the rest of this article for some helpful tips and tricks about efficiently getting more of the nutrients you need in your diet – celery benefits for men.
2. 0:34 How is Celery Good for You: Use cinnamon to trick your body. If you get strong cravings for sweets, but you are doing your best to stay on track, cinnamon can help. Grab your favorite fruit and sprinkle copious amounts of cinnamon on them. This works great with apples and bananas. Make sure the cinnamon is pure and has no added sugar – why is celery good for you.
3. 0:54 Celery Health Benefits: Omega 3 fatty acids not only assist in growth, development and brain function, they also help to protect against Alzheimer’s disease. Consuming Omega 3’s, has proven effective in its ability to protect the body against accumulating a certain protein believed to be linked to Alzheimer’s disease. Studies have been quite encouraging – nutrition in celery.
4. 1:14 Health Benefits of Celery: Omega 3 fatty acids should be consumed for a healthy heart. These poly unsaturated fatty acids work to lower the triglycerides and increase HDL, the good cholesterol, in your body. Omega 3 fatty acids can also prevent blood from clotting inside your body. Studies also show that consuming Omega 3 fats can help to lower blood pressure – health benefits of celery juice.
5. 1:34 Is Celery Good for You: Try to substitute healthy alternatives for fatty or sugary foods you enjoy. For example, instead of a bowl of ice cream, you can have some yogurt with fruit. Instead of french fries, try half of a baked potato. You don’t have to cut out all the good tasting food in your life, just make healthier choices about what the tasty things you do eat – nutrition celery.
6. 1:54 What Is Celery Good for: Nutritionists advise us against eating highly processed foods, and we should listen to them. But when we go to the grocery store, the shelves are loaded with highly processed foods. They are quick and easy to prepare. But we need to avoid them. Cooking from scratch pays off in the long run – celery good for you.
7. 2:14 Benefits of Celery Juice: A great tip to live a healthier lifestyle is to choose foods that are rich in whole grains. It has been confirmed that people who consume an adequate amount of whole grains every day have a lower risk of developing heart disease. In addition, whole grains can help protect you from obesity and diabetes – health benefits celery.
8. 2:34 Celery Nutrition Facts: Your intake of B-12 needs to be adequate. Vegetarians often don’t get enough. Those with anemia are at risk, too. B-12 intake can be improved by taking supplements or eating certain cereal products – celery seed health benefits.
9. 2:54 Celery Juice Benefits: Keep your portions reasonable to your body size. Try resisting the urge to get up, and fill up your plate with that second helping. Look online to see the recommended potions of food that you should be having for a variety of foods such as meat, dairy, and whole grains – how long is celery good for.
10. 3:14 Celery Nutritional Benefits: Allow your kids to assist you in choosing foods at the supermarket. If you allow them to choose their vegetables and fruits, they are more apt to eat them. Also, when kids see colorful veggies and fruits, they will be more enthusiastic about trying them out – nutrition of celery.
11. 3:34 Benefits of Eating Celery: Limit microwave use to make yourself eat better. Try to eat as many natural foods as you can, if you want to improve your weight and the way that you look. Unless you are diabetic, avoid eating two to three hours before you go to bed. Do something to take your mind off food like putting away leftovers, washing the dishes, or cleaning your teeth. Finish your evening with a nice cup of herbal tea. This will help you to relax and get to sleep – how to use celery.
12. 3:54 Benefit of Celery: Make sure you’re not forcing your child to eat everything that’s on their plate. If you force them to keep eating after they’re full, you’ll encourage them to overeat. This can lead to problems like obesity and diabetes down the road. Respect your child’s wishes when they say they’ve had enough – nutrition facts celery.
13. 4:34 Celery Seed Benefits: As noted in this article, the nutrients you get from the foods you eat affect every facet of your health and daily life. With the advice from this article, you should now be better prepared to make those changes to your diet that your body is craving. You’ll feel better, and be healthier for it – health benefit of celery.
Resource: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celery Video Rating: / 5
MEAL PLANNING: 5 TIPS FOR CREATING HEALTHY HABITS! Are you interested in meal planning for your family situation? Here are my 5 simple tips for creating healthy eating habits! Thumbs up if you loved today’s video!
Hi my name is Ash Jackson and on this channel I plan to post all kids of how to videos such as ‘how to lose baby weight fast’, ‘how to organise your home’, ‘how to create DIY decor and furniture on a budget’, ‘how to eat healthy on a budget’ ‘how to be a stylish mum on a budget’, ‘how to meal plan for your family’, how to create healthy family meal plans’, ‘how to workout at home with kids’ and much more. I also do Australian Family Daily Vlogs with my Aussie Vlogging Family on our separate Young Family Vlog Channel. Video Rating: / 5
Thank you so much for watching! If you liked this video then it’d be great if you could give it a thumbs up & subscribe so that I know to make more!
Hi! My name is Nichola and I’m a specialist UK Dietitian and blogger. Follow me for tips on diet, nutrition, weight loss and healthy recipes!
It’s not about fad diets.. it’s about a way of life.
You can subscribe to my newsletter too at http://eepurl.com/AfPQf 🙂 x
o Subscribe to my Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nicsnutrition
o Read my Blog: http://nicsnutrition.com
o Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nicsnutrition
o Like me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nicsnutrition
o Follow me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/nicsnutrition
o Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/nicsnutrition
Any questions please just leave me a comment, I always reply!
I do not promote products featured over others that are not featured. Some links may be affiliated. Please read my disclaimer page for more information: http://nicsnutrition.com/disclaimer/ Video Rating: / 5
Aude, Y. W., Agatston, A. S., Lopez-Jimenez, F., Lieberman, E. H.,
Almon, M., Hansen, M., . . . Hennekens, C. H. (2004). The National Cholesterol Education Program Diet vs a Diet Lower in Carbohydrates and Higher in Protein and Monounsaturated Fat. Archives of Internal Medicine, 164(19), 2141. doi:10.1001/archinte.164.19.2141
Due, A., Larson, T. M., Mu, H., Hermansen, K., Stender, S., & Astrup, A. (2008). Comparison of 3 ad libitum diets for weight-loss maintenance, risk of cardiovascular disease, and diabetes: a 6-mo randomized, controlled trial. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. doi:10.3945/ajcn.2007.25695
Foster GD, Wyatt HR, Hill JO, McGuckin BG, Brill C, Mohammed BS et al. A randomized trial of a low-carbohydrate diet for obesity. N Engl J Med 2003; 348: 2082–2090.
Makris, A., & Foster, G. D. (2011). Dietary Approaches to the Treatment of Obesity. The Psychiatric Clinics of North America, 34(4), 813–827. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.psc.2011.08.004
Mohler, E. R., Sibley, A. A., Stein, R., Davila-Roman, V., Wyatt, H., Badellino, K., . . . Foster, G. D. (2013). Endothelial function and weight loss: Comparison of low-carbohydrate and low-fat diets. Obesity, 21(3), 504-509. doi:10.1002/oby.20055
Soenen, S., Bonomi, A. G., Lemmens, S. G., Scholte, J., Thijssen, M. A., Berkum, F. V., & Westerterp-Plantenga, M. S. (2012). Relatively high-protein or ‘low-carb’ energy-restricted diets for body weight loss and body weight maintenance? Physiology & Behavior, 107(3), 374-380. doi:10.1016/j.physbeh.2012.08.004 Video Rating: / 5
Hi guys! I’m partnering with the Special Olympics to send some really deserving athletes to the 2017 World Winter Games in AUSTRIA!!! Even will make a huge difference!
DONATE NOW: https://www.gofundme.com/meredith-foster
My new health & fitness routine for 2017 is finally here! I hope this video inspired you let me know in the comments what your goal is for this year! Remember you are beautiful inside and out. There’s no perfect body or skin… A beautiful heart and soul make you perfect. 💕 Love you merebears!
@Mackfit on Instagram and Snapchat!
How do you burn belly fat? How to lose lower belly fat? How to get rid of love handles? Workout & diet tips for results @ https://goo.gl/N1ejpi
New 4 Week “Bored Easily” Program now available @ https://goo.gl/HDxEQC
We use PowerBlock’s adjustable dumbbells: http://bit.ly/yDWK7V
Keep up with us on facebook @ http://on.fb.me/1nLlLwY Instagram @ http://bit.ly/LeZwmC Google+ @ http://bit.ly/1clGvI3 twitter @ http://bit.ly/1BnC8cm Pinterest @ http://bit.ly/1xvTt3s
Find over 500 free workout videos, thousands of recipes & the most supportive fitness community on the web on the free Fitness Blender App – Available on iOS: http://apple.co/1Fr1ogD & on Android: http://bit.ly/1aNIclV
((Be sure to note that the login for our website and the login for the app are different))
Fitness Blender’s workout programs make it possible to keep our workout videos & website free. Search over 450 free full length workout videos by length, difficulty, training type, muscles targeted, goal, calorie burn, equipment & more @ http://bit.ly/1H9N3bJ If you don’t want to spend a single penny, try our free 5 Day Challenge @ http://bit.ly/1PdDv1n
Note: All information provided by Fitness Blender is of a general nature and is furnished only for educational/entertainment purposes only. No information is to be taken as medical or other health advice pertaining to any individual specific health or medical condition. You agree that use of this information is at your own risk and hold Fitness Blender harmless from any and all losses, liabilities, injuries or damages resulting from any and all claims.