In this video I discuss how to eat better, and I give you some ways to eat better. Healthy eating is not easy, but it can be done with some patience.
How to eat better
Healthy eating is not about going on a strict diet, or depriving yourself of the foods you love. It is about having more energy, a stronger immune system, feeling better, and improving overall health. So, lets take a look at 7 simple ways to eat better.
1. Make changes gradually. Many people want changes to happen fast, so they dive in head first eating nothing but healthy foods, and they can keep this up for a while, but as time goes on, willpower will eventually decline, inevitably leading them back to where they started. You have to give yourself ample time, this way you can slowly make the transition, you have to learn to walk before you learn to run.
2. Understand serving sizes. Over eating is a major issue for many people. Having an understanding of what a serving size actually is will keep you from over consuming food, which can help against weight gain.
3. When you start out, make sure you get 1 serving of fruit, and 1 serving of veggies per day. The idea is to get your brain to start thinking about fruits and veggies on a daily basis. As time goes on, increase these servings.
4. Have some protein with all meals. Protein has many important functions in the body, and it also takes longer to digest, making you feel fuller. You can even have high protein snacks such as nuts or seeds to curb your hunger throughout the day.
5. Think before you eat. Take a minute before you decide what to eat, and evaluate. Does this meal I am about to eat have some fruit, veggies, and protein. Are the portion sizes not too large, and am I actually going to enjoy this meal, or just force it down. You have to eat foods you actually like the taste of. Thinking before you eat goes a long way.
6. Eat junk food. Yes, you heard me, eat junk food. Just do it in moderation, and slowly decrease the amount of junk food your eating over time. It is almost impossible to completely eliminate eating a food that you love, and you shouldn’t have to. Lets say you love sweets, say cupcakes, rather than gulping down a whole cupcake at one time, eat half of it now, and the other half later in the day. This way you have satisfied your sweet cravings twice in one day, with one sweet rather than 2.
7. When eating out share, or wrap up half of the meal to go. Restaurant portions are gigantic. And most restaurant foods are loaded with unhealthy fats, large amounts of sodium, or large amounts of sugar. By sharing or wrapping half of the meal, you are not overeating, and you are at least limiting the amount of unhealthy food you are putting in your body at one time.
8. Be prepared when you are eating around others. Many people encourage their unhealthy eating habits onto others. Don’t let others push you into unhealthy choices.
9. Failure is ok. It is ok to fail. If you have a few days, or even a week where everything you eat is garbage, its ok. Don’t let that completely derail you from your ultimate goal of eating healthier. Eating healthier is about changing your life and your lifestyle. Change is really hard to do. its not if you fall, its do you get back up.
10. Drink better fluids. Cut back on, or eliminate sugary or artificially flavored drinks. Choosing water or freshly squeezed juices are a great substitute.
These are only a few of the ways to eat healthier, the most important thing to do is to change your mindset towards food. Many people, myself included, eat foods based simply on taste, not on nutrition. Increasing your awareness is key. Before you eat ask yourself 2 questions, am I going to enjoy the taste of this food, and is this food going to nourish my body and improve my health? Video Rating: / 5
Junk food is definitely one of the most enjoyable guilty pleasures of the modern world and an undeniable part of pop culture. People eat junk food at fast-food places, in school, at sports games, amusement parks, and movie theaters among other places, and junk food is easier to get access to than water in many cases. Unfortunately, junk food consumption comes at a great price. No matter how easy these delicious foods might be to eat, believe us when we say that junk food is as bad for your health as alcohol and smoking. See for yourself with these 25 junk food facts that might just convince you to eat healthier.
Follow us on:
Check out the physical list at – http://list25.com/25-junk-food-facts-that-might-convince-you-to-eat-healthier/
If you’re looking for someone or something to blame for the junk food culture that exists today then blame your television. It’s a proven fact that nearly 80 percent of all food commercials that air on Saturday morning children shows are for junk food.
The American snack Cracker Jack was the first to use toys to target junk food to children. No morals whatsoever!
More than billion in candy is sold for Halloween, more than any other holiday in America. That makes Halloween the unhealthiest and “fattest” holiday.
The vast majority of researchers and nutritionists agree that fats from junk food trigger the brain to want more food, which, of course, leads to obesity in the long term.
Twinkies are the undisputed champion of all junk food snacks, and it’s estimated that Hostess makes over 500 million Twinkies each year. For the record, it has been reported that the agent that gives Twinkies their smooth feel, cellulose gum, is also used in rocket fuel.
BEEFCAKE Blake Horton has a body to die for – despite spending his evenings gorging on giant 4,000 calorie portions of pizza, burgers and banana splits. While most fitness fanatics stick to steamed chicken and broccoli, Blake, from Paramus, New Jersey, has carved out a huge online following with his late-night eating videos which feature him devouring his gigantic junk food meals. His culinary creations include everything from enormous pizzas covered in Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles, to vast banana splits and whole trays of burgers and tacos. The 34-year-old intermittent faster funnels all his daily calories into a solitary meal each day, which he live streams to his 163,000 followers on Instagram at 2am each night – finishing each live cast by proudly showing off his ‘food baby’ and slapping his swollen belly. And Blake admits that his mad meals allow him a chance to indulge in the kind of ‘midnight feasts’ that he dreamt about as a child.
You can follow Blake’s exploits on:
For the full story, visit BARCROFT.TV: http://www.barcroft.tv/
Like @BarcroftTV on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BarcroftTV
Follow @Barcroft_TV on Twitter: https://www.Twitter.com/Barcroft_TV
Check out more videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/barcroftmedia/videos
Produced by Creative Nation
Music licensed from Epidemic Sound.
Facts. is an online brand that creates short and relate-able videos including taste tests, watching TV/ YouTubers, gender taboos & more.
Similar to channels such as BuzzFeed, WatchCut, TheFineBros & GMM we focus on creating content that depicts people (usually Irish people) experiencing new things for the first time, whether that be food, drink or maybe a TV show! Video Rating: / 5
A food song for kids! Do you like broccoli? Do you like chocolate? Teach and learn food names, and the difference between healthy food and junk food! Great for children, babies, toddlers, ESL students, and adults, too! 🙂 Who wins in the battle of the foods!? Learn the words: broccoli, salad, fish, eggs, nuts, yogurt, fruit, cheese, rice, beans, water, chocolate bars, apple pie, chips, cookies, fudge, soda, fries, hot dog, churros, candy, pizza, cheese, fast food.
Music and animation written, performed, and made by Adam Williams-Walters.
Copyright 2016 Adam Williams-Walters/English Tree TV, All rights reserved.
Teaching and learning English should be fun!
English Tree TV creates high quality animated music videos to help children and students around the world learn English, using the best and catchiest songs we can possibly write!
Perfect for young English learners, ESL or EFL students, kids, toddlers, and babies.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for a great new music video every month!
Visit our website for more great, free teaching materials
Like us on Facebook and interact with the community, too.
♥ Help Support This Channel @ http://www.patreon.com/psychetruth
130+ Exclusive Videos @ http://www.psychetruthpatrons.com
↓ Follow Me! Social Media Links below ↓
Weight Loss Mistakes! Tips for Belly Fat, Bloating, How to Lose Weight, Burn Fat & Get Fit!
Corrina discusses why we overeat and how to stop. Can you really be addicted to junk food? How to improve your own cooking with the tricks of the food industry trade!
Corrina Rachel is a Certified Holistic Health Coach in Austin, Texas. To learn more about scheduling health coaching sessions:
See Steven Witherly’s report on Why Humans Like Junk Food:
What Not to Eat, Bad Food & Healthy Alternative Foods | PsycheTruth Weight Loss & Nutrition
WTF is in a Big Mac?! Fast Food Ingredients, Food Chemicals, Health, Nutrition, Safety
9 Foods to NEVER EAT!! Worst Foods & Alternatives, Weight Loss Tips, Nutrition, Easy Diet
Weight Loss Tips: How to STOP Overeating & Lose Weight! Healthy Snacks, Foods, What to Eat!
This video was produced by Psychetruth
Hello everybody! This took A LONG time to make. This all happened thanks to Noah Smith, Lincoln Kness, Me, Noah’s camera, and Wondershare Filmora Video Editor. We tried to make this video a long time ago when I was a SKRUB at making videos, but we failed miserably.
Gears of War | Part 8 |: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkQXRsE8FnU
Wondershare Filmora: http://filmora.wondershare.com/video-editor/
Noah Smith’s channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxiQnBMqgSG2YkhYIjjOmlQ
Become a recruit today!: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDreampolice96
John Lennon vs. Bill O’ Reilly instrumental: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt_Bfse4Mbg
ERB’s channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ERB Video Rating: / 5
top 10 fast foods that is healthier than you think
Subscribe to our channel: http://goo.gl/9CwQhg
For copyright matters please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Videos You Might Like
Famous People With Serious Mental Disorders https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIH3SepDYXQ
10 Fake Weight Loss Scams You Need To Avoid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_-IYkBn_rM
Nutrition and a healthy diet are an important part of living well. Despite this, many of us really don’t pay a lot of attention to healthy choices. Thinking back to when you were little, odds are that you preferred candy and chocolate over vegetables and you would rather have a McDonald’s burger than the homemade ones your parents fired up on the grill. As we grow older, our tastes change and many of us actually end up preferring a homemade burger or even a side of broccoli with dinner. We know fruits and vegetables are good for us and foods high in fat, sugar and salt are not the best choices to eat night after night. Still, it’s not always so clear cut in the world of food.
Every year it seems researchers are uncovering a new benefit or danger to certain foods. One year we’re told to avoid a certain item, like eggs or coffee, only to be told the opposite the following year. In almost every case it ultimately comes down to moderation being the key. Salt, fats and sugar are bad, but they can’t always be avoided. The logic here is to try to limit your intake. That’s easy, right? After all, it’s pretty obvious which foods are bad for us and which offer very little to no nutritional value. Not so fast, as these next examples demonstrate, foods that were once thought to be of little benefit nutritionally may actually have some really important properties when it comes to getting the nutrients you need.
Our Social Media:
For more videos and articles visit:
Kids can Learn about healthy food and junk food. 10 types of healthy food and 10 types of Junk food have been shown in this preschool and kindergarten learning videos series. Cultivating good and healthy food habits in children is very essential. Do you think any other food items have to be mentioned. Please leave them in comments.
Download Powerpoint PDF files for teaching the My family theme here