Which Diet is For Your Life? Busy Person? Desk Job or Active Job?
Keto vs Fasting: Which Diet is Better For Your Lifestyle: Thomas DeLauer
Weight Loss and Insulin
In ketosis, body becomes deprived of glucose and turns to burning fat for fuel
When we eat little foods that supply us with carbs, we release less insulin – w/ less insulin the body doesn’t store extra energy in the form of fat for later use
Intermittent fasting has been found to decrease blood levels of insulin
In a fed state, insulin is elevated so you store excess calories in fat cells. In the presence of insulin, the burning of fat is halted, while the body burns glucose instead
In a fasted state, insulin is low. the body starts mobilizing stored body fat from your fat cells and burning this fat for energy (instead of glucose)
Constantly eating keeps your insulin spiked, which slows your metabolism
Acute fasting directly influences the stability of neuronal circuits, wiring that dictates the flow of information in the brain and nervous system.
The cellular stress and lack of nutrition, due to fasting, blocks the synaptic activity of neurons that normally occurs in the brain, brain slows down
Sounds bad, but may be beneficial for brain health -overactive synaptic activity has been associated with diseases like Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s
Lifestyle vs. Diet
Fasting is more to do with When you eat and ketosis is more to do with What you eat
I.F. can be utilized everyday, or a couple times per week, more of a “diet” while ketosis is more of a lifestyle
In a ketogenic state, it is critical that you do not consume too many carbs, or protein – a state that must be carefully maintained
Fasting can be as easy as not “doing” something and you can enter a fasted state by simply not eating for 16-20 hours – it takes a bit longer to enter a ketogenic state
With fasting you will likely still consume the same foods you have always done, albeit, less and later in the day
Ketosis requires you to change what you buy and consume, since most people aren’t accustomed to having 75% of their diet consist of fats and only 5% carbs
4 calories in a gram of carbohydrate or protein
9 calories in a gram of fat
On a ketogenic diet people usually eat less – fat is a lot more satiating than carbs
While fasting, consuming all your calories at the end of the day, makes you feel satiated quicker → eat less
Fasting can be a struggle – can struggle to go 16-20 hours without eating
2) 10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Intermittent Fasting. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://authoritynutrition.com/10-health-benefits-of-intermittent-fasting/
3) 10 Proven Health Benefits of Low-Carb and Ketogenic Diets. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://authoritynutrition.com/10-benefits-of-low-carb-ketogenic-diets/
4) Ketogenic diet and mental health. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.diabetes.co.uk/keto/ketogenic-diet-and-mental-health.html
5) Intermittent Fasting And The Brain – mindbodygreen. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-28129/new-research-shows-how-intermittent-fasting-is-like-decluttering-for-your-brain.html
6) How Does Fasting Affect Your Brain? – Diet Doctor. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.dietdoctor.com/fasting-affect-brain
7) 15 Ways Intermittent Fasting Can Improve Your Health | Alternet. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.alternet.org/food/15-ways-intermittent-fasting-can-improve-your-health
8) Fat Burning Vs. Carb Burning During Exercise Over Time | Healthy Living. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://healthyliving.azcentral.com/fat-burning-vs-carb-burning-during-exercise-over-time-4741.html
9) The Effects of a Ketogenic Diet on Exercise Metabolism and Physical Performance in Off-Road Cyclists. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4113752/
10) Intermittent Fasting and Cognition | The Biohacker Guide by Nootrobox®. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://nootrobox.com/biohacker-guide/intermittent-fasting/cognition
11) 23 Studies on Low-Carb and Low-Fat Diets – Time to Retire The Fad. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://authoritynutrition.com/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets/
12) Effects of a 3-day fast on regional lipid and glucose metabolism in human skeletal muscle and adipose tissue. – PubMed – NCBI. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17784905 Video Rating: / 5
Hello all! This is my very requested video of how to start living a healthy lifestyle & how to get healthy! A healthy lifestyle can be a daunting journey and sorta seem like you don’t know exactly where to start so this video will help you. It will show you how to be healthy, ways to get ready, how to start being healthy, tips for starting and tips for living and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Enjoy!
P O P U L A R V I D E O S
♡ Brow Routine: http://bit.ly/2m1yeGL
♡ How I Went from Black Hair to Blonde IN ONE DAY: http://bit.ly/2dwfjft
♡ Kylie Jenner Makeup Tutorial: http://bit.ly/17nXquY
♡ Prom Dress Shopping with Me: http://bit.ly/1HHvYDh
♡ PROM 2015 Get Ready with Me: http://bit.ly/2dWtsEj
♡ Everyday Summer Makeup Routine: http://bit.ly/2dXwiL3
♡ Prom 2016 Get Ready with Me: http://bit.ly/2dwfZS3
Camera: Canon 70D
Editing Software: Final Cut Pro X & Motion 5
My Backdrops: (I have multiple here are the links to my favorites)
Champagne Glitter: http://rstyle.me/n/bf32n6b5iw7
Red Glitter: http://rstyle.me/n/bf32q9b5iw7
White Glitter: http://rstyle.me/n/bf32p9b5iw7
Black Glitter: http://rstyle.me/n/bf32qmb5iw7
Pink Glitter: http://rstyle.me/n/bf32rwb5iw7
Teal Glitter: http://rstyle.me/n/bf32sib5iw7
Charcoal Glitter: http://rstyle.me/n/bf32szb5iw7
I am 19 years old, for those asking
Please subscribe, share, & like this video!
This is not a sponsored video. Everything mentioned was purchased by my own money. All opinions are my own.
Hi I’m Tori Sterling, a 19 year old lifestyle beauty guru from the East Coast. I make a ton of videos involving makeup tutorials, fashion lookbooks, DIYs, get ready with me, vlogs, challenges, and much much more. Make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss out on any videos and also follow me on my social media such as Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram to stay even more connected with me! See you in my next video!
Live a healthy lifestyle! This is everything I eat in one day!
● MY INSTAGRAM – https://goo.gl/jmK8if
● SUBSCRIBE TO ALEX COSTA – https://goo.gl/RQdFEH
● Snapchat – xmadeinbrazil
● Twitter – https://goo.gl/ML7aaw
● Facebook – http://goo.gl/BYNdnw
Topic of discussion: What is your favorite meal of the day?
Here are some healthy and easy meal ideas if you’re trying to stay lean! I’ve been eating light lately and there is nothing better. Some of the recipes in this video are also vegan, and super healthy if you’re trying to lose weight. Not only that, but I made sure to show you easy meals so you won’t have a hard time making any of these easy healthy and lean meals!
Here is what I eat in a day or what I ate today:
Protein Bar from FitJoy: https://www.fitjoynutrition.com/products
1 Tblsp of Oatmeal
Hollywood Bowl Salad at Sweet Greens
1 Filet of Tilapia
1 Baked potato
Check out my other videos:
5 Wardrobe Essentials Every Guy Should Own: https://goo.gl/I2lz8C
How to Get Straight Hair: https://goo.gl/3IBiIB
How to Dress Well for Work: https://goo.gl/Zrwrhs
Dear 2015: https://goo.gl/uA1q5V
On my channel you will find videos about health, fitness, fashion, men’s fashion, favorites, lifestyle, and of course, my personal life. This includes my friends, family, and work, so please be mindful and keep a positive vibe in the comment section. Don’t forget to subscribe and make sure to hit that like button if you enjoyed the video! Video Rating: / 5
Hey Loves! My most asked questions are related to my health and fitness so I thought I would film a video showing what I eat in a day! I am not saying that how I eat is perfect or “right” but it works for me! Hope you all enjoy! If you do, please give this video a THUMBS UP & PLEASE SUBSCRIBE! xoxo
Thank you so much for watching! If you liked this video then it’d be great if you could give it a thumbs up & subscribe so that I know to make more!
Hi! My name is Nichola and I’m a specialist UK Dietitian and blogger. Follow me for tips on diet, nutrition, weight loss and healthy recipes!
It’s not about fad diets.. it’s about a way of life.
You can subscribe to my newsletter too at http://eepurl.com/AfPQf 🙂 x
o Subscribe to my Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nicsnutrition
o Read my Blog: http://nicsnutrition.com
o Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nicsnutrition
o Like me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nicsnutrition
o Follow me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/nicsnutrition
o Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/nicsnutrition
Any questions please just leave me a comment, I always reply!
I do not promote products featured over others that are not featured. Some links may be affiliated. Please read my disclaimer page for more information: http://nicsnutrition.com/disclaimer/ Video Rating: / 5
APPS AND OTHER LINKS:
PumpUp app: http://pumpup.co
Workouts app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/workout-trainer/id395686735?mt=8
Water Daily: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/water-daily/id602990481?mt=8
Cambria Joy: https://www.youtube.com/user/breelovesbeauty
Kygo – Firestone ft. Conrad Sewell
Jessie J – Flashlight
The Script – Superheroes
Aloe Blacc – Can You Do This
Fequently asked questions:
1. What’s your name? Nika
2. Where are you from? Slovenia (Europe)
3. What’s your nationality? I am Slovenian
4. How can you speak English so well? I learned a lot in school, Watched a lot of english videos and movies, read a lot of English books. But I think I learned the most by just making videos
5. How long have you been making videos? For a few years but I never posted them. My first youtube video was uploaded on May 2. 2013
If you’re a company wishing to contact me, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You are more and more to follow me and mostly my lifestyle…I am so happy I can share what I know and what I have to say with you: THANK YOU!
Being active and eating right literally changed my life in the best way physically and mentally. I want help you to do so too.
Just a little sweat everyday will make you feel more alive, just adding more Mother’s Nature goodness to your diet will make you feel more energized, just some mind and body work will make you open your soul and your heart.
BE IN NATURE AND SWEAT YOUR SOUL OUT
Get inspired and inspire other, Share, Love, and Subscribe for more 🙂
Vous êtes de plus en plus nombreux à me suivre et principalement à suivre mon ” lifestyle” ou mode de vie. Je suis tellement heureuse de pouvoir partager ce que je sais et ce que j’ai à dire avec vous: MERCI!
Etre active et manger de manière saine à littéralement changer ma vie physiquement et mentalement, et je veux vous aider à en faire autant.
Transpirer juste un peu chaque jour vous fera vous sentir plus vivant(e), ajouter juste un peu de ce que Mère Nature offre dans votre alimentation vous donnera beaucoup plus d’énergie, travailler juste un peu votre corps et votre esprit chaque jour vous ouvrira votre âme et votre coeur.
ALLEZ DANS LA NATURE ET TRANSPIREZ VOTRE AME A FOND
Inspirez vous et inspirez les autres, Partagez, Aimez et Inscrivez vous pour plus 🙂